Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I should really do this once a week

I'm hit by a total desire to get my life in order... because out of discipline comes freedom.  It's the whole thing about practising your scales means you can eventually improvise some really funky jazz piano. I have some really big vision for life and if I don't sort out the boring details then how do I expect to see them fulfilled?  

Technically I got diagnosed with adult ADHD about a year and a half ago. I might talk about that more another time; how it makes me feel, what I think of the whole concept and the general affect that having it (and knowing about having it) has on my existence.  However, for now let me paraphrase: I struggle somewhat with organisation. I am also a *bit* vulnerable to depression and that can seriously knock me sideways if I'm not vigilant.

So it comes as no real surprise to me that after the major success of my week a couple of weeks ago (see last post) I have not actually kept up that pace.  Or even done so much as make a loaf of bread since. In fact, despite my declaration that I don't care about coming across as boastful because I don't like false humility, I only just uploaded that entry and am now following it with this disclaimer.  Sometimes I guess I just don't trust my opinions enough to share them with the world.

However, I do really want to write this blog; and one day I'd like to produce at least two books on subjects close to my heart; and generally I just want to get myself together enough to be a functioning person who can actually hold down a job and everything.  

So to help that along I'm setting a bit of a target for myself that I will write a proper post at least once a week; I figure it'll be both a means and an end in itself.   Let's say this will happen on a... diary's out... well might as well make it a Tuesday. Gives the geeks something to read inbetween xkcd (link).  I may even extend it to Thursdays too, but the BBC taught me a lot about taking on things that are bitesized.

I'll leave on a note of mathematical interest that I am thoroughly excited about right now but don't have the wherewithal to discuss properly. Perhaps next time but for now check out Mandelbrot and infer cool stuff from this article:

And a picture...


(from http://www.fractalartcontests.com/2007/showentry.php?entryid=282&return=winners)


Well that's all folks. Technically it's a little bit Wednesday now but I think that's ok.  Tune in next time for some actual content...


No comments: